Naturally, everyone experiences different levels of eye pressure; there are certain pressures that may be normal for some eyes that could result in damage to other eyes. Add this to the fact that Glaucoma may take a while to manifest symptoms, if they do appear at all, and it is easy to see why it is so essential that you periodically submit yourself to a comprehensive dilated eye exam.
Get Your Eyes Checked for Glaucoma Regularly
References and External Links
- Glaucoma Research Foundation. Glaucoma Awareness Month.
- World Health Organization. Blindness and Vision Impairment.
- Javitt. J. New England Journal of Medicine. Undertreatment of Glaucoma among Black Americans. (1991).
- American Academy of Ophthalmology. Glaucoma Diagnosis.
- National Eye Institute. Facts About Glaucoma.